Logo Design Tips
Logo Design Tips
Free Advice for Effective Logo Design
For better or worse, your company will be forever branded and remembered on account of its logo design. While an effective logo can become a powerful marketing tool to wield at your disposal, a poorly designed company logo can leave prospective clients with a bad taste in their mouth.
With this in mind, there are certain steps you can take to ensure that your company logo design is working for you and not against you.
1. For starters, you need to sit down and give some serious thought to your company’s core values: innovation, creativity and quality service, just to name a few. Once you’ve identified these, you will already have taken that all-important first step.
2. Once that’s done, you’re going to want to check out the logo designs of your competitors. While successful competitors can provide some insight into what kind of logo designs work in your industry, the point of this exercise is to ensure that your logo isn’t a carbon copy. Unless you are in the photocopy business and imitation is your company’s core value, that is.
3. Because colour is crucial to how your company logo will be received, make sure that the colours you have in mind for the logo accurately reflect your business and the industry you are in. While various psychology colour charts can guide you in this endeavor, an experienced graphic designer might ultimately prove to be more effective.
Business Cards 4 Me has a dedicated team of designers who can help ensure the colours you choose are working for your logo design. See our article on communicating with color.
4. In the cases where your company logo is a graphic icon, you’ll want to make sure the company name is included. The whole point is for prospective clients to associate the logo design with your company. This wouldn’t be possible if they can’t figure out the name of your company. It’s also important to point out that graphic icons aren’t always the only solution. In some case, making small graphic adjustments to the company name itself can create a very effective logo design. Fedex and Pepsi are probably some of the best examples of this.
5. Once you have created your logo design, make sure to test it out on family, friends and even potential clients. You will be able to tell from their first reactions whether your company logo is a hit or a miss. Make sure to record their comments, as these should be taken back to the designer.
6. In the event that the logo is an instant success, make sure to trademark it as soon as possible. You’ll also want to make sure that your logo designer or company that helped design the logo surrenders all rights concerning its present and future use. When you’ve reached this stage, the only thing left to do is to make sure every last company letterhead, postcard and business card is emblazoned with the new logo. In other words, show it off, it was created for this very purpose.
If you need more information about how to choose the right logo design or package for your business, feel free to contact us toll free at 1-866-904-7933
Logo Design By Category
Start your logo or business card design project today!
Do you need help getting started? Call one of our helpful consultants and start your project design today! We provide the highest level of quality service with a quick turnaround, and our graphic design work and professional printing speak for themself.
Logo and Business Card Design Glossary
Design and Communicate with Color
Other Design Services
Business Card CD Duplication
Customs Logos Designs
Design Inquiries and Tips
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Logo Design Tips